Jake and Amy attempt to get their parents to bond over Thanksgiving dinner, but their first holiday together as a family does not go well. Meanwhile, at the precinct, Holt and Kevin's special Thanksgiving pie is stolen from his office and Holt searches through the ranks for the possible culprit.
Charles enters from the precinct elevator wearing a turkey suit and yells gobble gobble, Jake asks him to stop. Charles interrupts him mid-sentence. The others try to tell Charles what Jake saying but Charles interrupts them too with "gobble gobble". Jake finally gets through to him and tell him that the feathers on his suit were stuck between the elevator doors. The elevator moves upward taking Charles along with it. It stops moving, Charles is stuck. Jake points out that the feathers which are stuck are ripping. The feathers ripped, Charles fell. (Intro)
In the meeting room, Jake is talking to Amy about Thanksgiving and how their parents will bond and at the end, their fathers will share a 'good-bye hug'. Saying this he points to an abnormal picture on his whiteboard of two shirtless old men hugging, to which Amy inquires about its absurdity. Jake says that he did an image search for 'dads hugging' and that hid didn't have a lot of time time to make that board. Jake and Amy go over their parents, the Santiagos: Camila Santiago and Victor Santiago who are traditional, reserved and controlling. The Peraltas: Karen Peralta and Roger Peralta. Amy says that thanksgiving might be a disaster to which Jake then presents a list of things their parents have in common. Amy is impressed by Jake's work.
Holt with a pastry box and Kevin are walking in the bullpen. Holt tells Kevin to keep "it" (referring to the box) in Holt's office until they leave. (to be continued...)
|Andy Samberg||...||Jake Peralta|
|Stephanie Beatriz||...||Rosa Diaz|
|Terry Crews||...||Terry Jeffords|
|Melissa Fumero||...||Amy Santiago|
|Joe Lo Truglio||...||Charles Boyle|
|Andre Braugher||...||Captain Ray Holt|
|Dirk Blocker||...||Michael Hitchcock|
|Joel McKinnon Miller||...||Norm Scully|
|Marc Evan Jackson||...||Kevin Cozner|
|Bradley Whitford||...||Roger Peralta|
|Katey Sagal||...||Karen Peralta|
|Jimmy Smits||...||Victor Santiago|
|Bertila Damas||...||Camila Santiago|
|Pamela Shaddock||...||Nurse Elrog|
|Kenny Stevenson||...||Officer Mark|
- This is the shortest cold open lasting only 25 seconds, the previous low was 31 seconds.
- References are made to at least two of Katey Sagal's former acting roles, being referred to as "Kare-bear" like her daughter Kerry was in 8 Simple Rules; and being described as "tuckered", referencing the 2000 TV series Tucker where Sagal played Tucker's Aunt Claire.
- Bradley Whitford has naturally gray hair. In his previous appearances, his hair was dyed brown, but in this episode it is his natural colour.
- Jimmy Smits had appeared alongside Bradley Whitford and Katey Sagal in The West Wing and Sons of Anarchy respectively.
- Boyle said 'Thanksgiving' instead of 'Turkey Day' even after Kevin said the phrase, which could be an indication of Boyle lying?