Amy is incredibly competitive. She is always striving to be the best. Amy is intelligent and resourceful in the best of times. Usually while being competitive, she can act jealous toward her partner and later husband, Jake Peralta, but mainly when they are competing together in Season 1 and 2. Amy is insanely ambitious about making Captain Holt her mentor — or "rabbi" — to the extent that she will become a complete teacher's pet in order to get his admiration. She is very organized and is the butt of many jokes.
Amy comes from a Cuban-American family. She has seven brothers and at least one niece. Her father was a police officer.
As a child, Amy excelled enough in school to skip the 4th grade entirely. She attended a magnet school, where she was voted "most likely to befriend a school administrator." In 8th grade, she was given the key to the teacher's lounge, where she stocked the fridge and cleaned up after the teachers. During high school, she was voted "Most Appropriate." In college, she studied art history.
Amy is highly allergic to dogs, and being near them for more than few minutes could potentially cause an allergic reaction, and she would need medical attention. Her eyesight is very poor, requiring her to wear glasses when she is without her contacts.
Her favorite cop movies, in order, are: Training Day, Lethal Weapon, and Fargo. Amy has one friend named Kylie who frequently set her up on dates before she started dating her now-husband. Amy is proven to be a terrible cook, for instance adding baking soda instead of salt to mashed potatoes because they're both white powders. She plays the French horn and is left-handed.
Amy has long wavy dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She is usually seen wearing a trouser suit and a blouse or shirt in a black color. She typically pulls her hair back in a ponytail or bun when on the job. In the more recent episodes, she often wears her hair down. Amy wears her police badge on her belt. Starting from NutriBoom Amy is now wearing a standard dark blue police uniform.
When she doesn't have her contact lenses on hand, Amy sometimes has to wear comically large glasses.
Jewelry worn by Amy includes: stud earrings, pendant necklaces, a silver watch (on her right wrist), sometimes a ring once belonging to her grandmother, from early Season 5 onwards an engagement ring on her left ring finger, and starting from the Season 5 finale, a wedding ring on her left finger.
Read full article on Jake and Amy's Relationship
Though Jake and Amy are partners, they have a very competitive relationship. They often try to one-up each other or participate in bets. Though they often argue and tease each other, it is clear they have mutual respect and share a close friendship.
As the series progresses their friendship develops into a romantic interest, a major turning point took place in the episode Johnny and Dora.
In the first episode of season 3 both Jake and Amy state they would like to be more than just colleagues.
As of New Captain, they are officially dating.
As of HalloVeen, they are officially engaged.
As of Jake & Amy, they are officially married.
Read full article on Holt and Amy's Relationship
Amy considers Captain Holt a great leader. She wants him to be her life mentor and often embarrasses herself in her attempts to follow his orders. At one point, she even bowed at him. She was very proud when he corrected her Thanksgiving speech.
Rosa and Amy have a very good relationship. In Sal's Pizza, when Rosa tells Amy how she was offered a job as their new police captain in Ropesburg PD, Amy becomes jealous. At the end of the episode, Rosa tells Amy how the two need to have each other's backs. While Jake is in Florida, in the Witness Protection Program, it is stated that Amy often went to Rosa for support. In Gray Star Mutual, Rosa catches Amy looking up wedding dresses, which Amy is embarrassed about because she thinks her subordinates will see her as weak. Rosa teaches Amy that she can still be a confident sergeant and look for wedding dresses. In Bachelor/ette Party, Rosa repeatedly tells Amy that she has her back, bridesmaids-related and outside of that.
David and Amy have a very competitive relationship where no matter how well Amy does in life, her brother seems to do it better. In The Golden Child, Amy thinks she and Jake have arrived early for dinner, with her mother Camila Santiago and her brother, but it turns out that the two have been at the restaurant for an hour already. When Jake tries to talk up Amy's accomplishments in the police workforce to Camila, David has the same accomplishments but only super-annoyingly more successful than her. While Amy got a Gold certification in Marksmanship, her brother was able to get a Platinum certification --by shooting ten times at the shooting range target and all the bullets end up going in in the one same hole. Also while Amy became a Police Sergeant, her became a Police Lieutenant. And to top that off, he got a perfect score on the test for Police Lieutenant.
Title of Amy's Sextape
Read full article on Title of Amy's Sextape
A recurring joke in the show is Jake using double entendres to insult Amy's sex life. The first occurrence was in M.E. Time, though it was during the Halloween episode that Jake first references the titles of her sex tapes.
Read full article on Blaming Amy
Another recurring joke on the show is Jake always trying to push the blame off of himself and onto Amy but it rarely, if ever, works.
Amy embarrassed in front of Holt
Read full article on Amy embarrassed in front of Holt
One of the running gags affiliated with Amy is that she will constantly try too hard to earn the respect of Holt, but by doing so, she will make a fool of herself or do something wrong, which Holt will call her out on. Embarrassed, Amy will back out of the conversation, responding with a forced positive comment on him.
- She is allergic to dogs.
- She over-brushed her teeth; her aggressive brushing technique stripped away much the protective enamel and much of her gum, leaving her with 7 cavities. It is unknown if she still over-brushes.
- She goes to an adult puzzle camp every summer.
- She claims she has made it through 20 years of adulthood without scratching her butt in public.
- She's very skilled at reading lips.
- She went to a weekend-long math conference called "Funky Cats and their Feisty Stats".
- She's left-handed.
- She skipped 4th grade.
- She said that she has a cigarette around once a month in her self-evaluation with Captain Holt.
- She plays the French horn.
- She's a terrible cook.
- She is under 35.
- She is very claustrophobic.
- She is a Wikipedia editor.
- She was the president of the Stenographer's Club in high school because she was the only member.
- She wrote Holt's mother's Wikipedia page.
- She loves Harry Potter and also got Jake into the series.
- She officially becomes a Sergeant in NutriBoom.
- Amy's drunkenness scale:
- One Drink: Spacey Amy
- Two Drinks: Loud Amy
- Three Drinks: "Amy Dance Pants"
- Four Drinks: Pervert Amy
- Five Drinks: Confident Amy
- Six Drinks: Lonely and sad Amy
- Seven Drinks: Unknown
- Eight Drinks: Equestrian Amy
- Nine Drinks: Speaks French
- Amy's panic scale:
- Level One: Obsessively stress-braiding her hair
- Level Two: Creepily singing songs from the Great American Songbook
- Level Three: Taking her anger out on appliances
- Her favorite cop movies in order are "Training Day", "Lethal Weapon", and "Fargo".
- Her gun is mostly silver, except for the handle, which is black. This is different from most of the characters, who carry all-black guns.
- Has a long-standing sibling rivalry with her brother David.
- Is either her parents' 2nd, 3rd, or 4th favorite child.
- Allergic to chia seeds and acai berries.
- Holt: Something to share with the rest of us, Santiago?
- Santiago: No, sir. I-I wasn't... Peralta is the one that was talking!
- Peralta: God, you must've been the worst fourth-grader ever.
- Santiago: Joke's on you. I skipped fourth grade.
Santiago:Wait, are we going to be graded, or is this just some pass/fail garbage?
- Santiago:In high school, I was voted most appropriate.
- Peralta:Ooh, self burn! Those are rare.
- ↑ Cop-Con
- ↑ Casecation
- ↑ Brooklyn Nine-Nine: See Lin-Manuel Miranda in action as Amy's competitive brother
- ↑ Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Melissa Fumero Tees Up Lin-Manuel Miranda's 'Surreal' Debut
- ↑ Unsolvable
- ↑ Bureau
- ↑ Maximum Security
- ↑ Karen Peralta
- ↑ Skyfire Cycle
- ↑ Boyle-Linetti Wedding
- ↑ Cop-Con
- ↑ House Mouses
- ↑ The Overmining
- ↑ The Overmining
- ↑ The Last Ride
- ↑ Chasing Amy
- ↑ The Golden Child
- ↑ Two Turkeys
- ↑ The Golden Child